Platte City, Missouri, Child Custody Lawyer
When divorcing or working through child custody issues, securing or overlooking a key provision in a parenting plan can make a huge difference in your access to your children. For this reason, it is critical you retain the experience of a skilled lawyer. I am attorney Christopher T. Patterson, and I can protect your parental rights and help you find a durable solution for your custody challenges.
My Primary Service Area
Since 1980, I have been guiding clients through various child custody and family law challenges in Clay County and Platte County in the Northland region, as well as Jackson County in both Kansas City and Independence, Missouri..
Protecting Your Parental Rights And The Best Interest Of Your Child
I am a Platte City child custody attorney with the experience and skill to give your case the attention it deserves. I can guide you through a range of custody issues, including:
- Establishing a parenting plan: There used to be a one-size-fits-all child custody arrangement for divorcing parents, but this is no longer the norm. A mother should not assume a judge will award her full custody, and a father should not assume a judge will grant him limited parenting time. Establishing a workable plan can be the most difficult issue in a custody case. It may be a battle that requires a tough approach from a seasoned litigator. Or it may require a creative problem-solver who can help you work with the other side to come up with an effective agreement. Whether through collaboration or at trial, I can protect your parental rights and guide you in securing the parenting time you need.
- Paternity issues: Whenever a child is born to unmarried parents, custody issues can arise. I am available to guide mothers or fathers through these issues.
- Child support: While there is a formula to calculate a baseline for child support, there is a lot of room to deviate from that baseline, whether you are looking to pay less or receive more.
- Child custody modifications: I can help parents looking to change a parenting plan or modify their parenting time or visitation schedule.
- Guardian ad litem: In many custody cases a judge will appoint a lawyer as guardian ad litem for your child. Because of the GAL’s influence on the judge’s decision, it is a “must” to have a good working relationship with that attorney. I have extensive experience serving as a guardian ad litem to children involved in divorce, custody and support cases. I know how they think, because I serve as a GAL myself. This experience can help me as I work to reach your child custody goals.
I am a respected litigator and effective negotiator. I care about your custody goals, and I can put my full effort toward helping you craft a parenting plan that is in the best interest of your children and meets your goals.
The Knowledge And Personal Service You Need
I encourage you to schedule a time to speak with me about your custody concerns and goals. You can call Patterson Law Office LLC at 816-471-7722 or contact me online.