Attorney Protecting The Rights And Futures Of Minors
The atmosphere surrounding juvenile law is complex. There are extensive laws governing the penalties that a minor can face in a court of law and the circumstances that must be met in order for cases to be tried as an adult. Teenagers deserve to be protected and therefore any parents of minors facing legal charges in either juvenile court or adult court should seek the attention of expert legal counsel. Adolescents and teens have their entire lives in front of them and do not deserve to have their futures ruined by actions that occurred during their youth.
Juvenile Court Services In Northland Communities
I am criminal law attorney Christopher T. Patterson and I have spent my career representing clients from all backgrounds, especially children facing criminal charges in the juvenile and adult court systems. Over the years, I have learned that children and their parents appreciate a lawyer who fights for children to earn a second chance in the eyes of the law. In addition to my legal experience, I also have experience as a youth worker relating high school aged youth. I find that this helps me develop a rapport with my client. My extensive experience has helped me convince numerous prosecutors, juvenile officers and judges that they deserve a second chance as well.
I have been representing clients in the Northland communities of the Kansas City, Missouri, metropolitan area since 1980. For the past 40 years, I have dedicated my career to providing high-quality, sensible solutions at a reasonable cost to all of my clients. I make sure that fighting for justice and getting things right is placed before any hourly cost or price tag. Therefore, I have been able to help countless minors get the second chance they deserve.
Similar to adult crimes, there are common crimes that children are charged with as well. These include:
- Traffic violations, including speeding, stop light, stop sign and reckless driving offenses
- Theft and Larceny, such as shoplifting or stealing from lockers
- Vandalism, such as graffiti or slashing tires
- Alcohol charges, such as underage purchase, underage drinking, juvenile DUI
- Disorderly conduct, such as fighting in public or indecent exposure
- Juvenile assault or battery, such as bullying, physical disagreements or shoving matches
- Tobacco offenses, such as illegally purchasing, smoking, or chewing tobacco
- Marijuana offenses, such as minor drug possession or marijuana or smoking marijuana in a public place
Free Consultation About Your Child’s Juvenile Court Or Adult Court Matter
I offer free consultations for all traffic and criminal charges, especially children. Regardless of the charges, I will make sure that everyone understands all of the defense options available and allow the clients to decide what is best for their future. Contact my law office today for more information on how I can help you.